FRONT PORCH NEWS PICKTON TEXAS
The Pickton post office was established in 1881.
As of 1890 - 1891 Pickton was a community located on the M. K. T. Railway. The population was 80. Businesses in Pickton included a steam grist mill and cotton gin, a druggist, grocery and hardware store, a sugar mill, a harness maker, a justice of the peace, a blacksmith and wagon making company, a dry goods and grocery, a grocery, one preacher, two physicians, and a grocery and drug store.
By 1896 - 1897 the population of Pickton had risen to 122. Businesses at that time included two general stores, a druggist, a railroad agent, a wagonmaker, a justice of the peace, a constable, a notary, three physicians, and a carpenter and painter.
In 1914 - 1915 the population was 300. Pickton had a bank, a weekly newspaper called Pickton Star, a druggist, two grocers, a restaurant, a printing shop, four general stores, dry goods and grocer, a railroad and telegraph agent, the Pickton Gin Company, and a produce and feed company.